You are reading a single comment by @Ceci and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hey, I'm a 15 year old cyclist and I'm looking for a club to join after my exams this summer and so I have a few questions:

1. If I had parental permission in a slip would I be able to join on the rides without a parent?
    2. When I join for my first ride will I be automatically assigned to group C even though my average pace is around 25kph.
    3. As a soon to be 16 year old how do you guys provide for helping someone at my age develop?
    4. As a sub question to the previous one, do you guys help organise races and help children get to races and join them?
    5. Also how is cyclocross with you, do you provide for cx races and do you organise days where people can go and train for cx, like at ally pally?
      I thinks that is all for now and thanks!
  • Hey there!
    I'm tagging @EvaJ and @aidan in this post who should be able to answer your first question as ICC's welfare 👮🏽 officers!
    We would ask that your first ride is an intro ride (first Saturday of each month and you can sign up in advance on the forum) then you can go out based on pace once you're sorted with group skills- 25kph would probably be a B pace group.
    I would ask @Sir_Shannonball if he has any advice on development as he does a lot with youth and potentially has advice on racing? @RobV may also have advice?
    We currently don't have an official set up for cx - more the interested people sorting their own racing and riding over the winter- we have thought we might run a cx taster next winter though.
    Hope that helps!
    Let us know if you have any more questions and if the people above don't get back to you soon!
    Ceci

About