Group Skills - 15 April 2017

Posted on
  • Regents Park
  • 56.25% Complete
    9/16
  • Going 9
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

ICC Group Riding Guide

• Hi, I'm keen to come along to an introductory ride however the one this Saturday might be a bit too soon as I just got a new bike today and should probably go for a few solo rides before I turn up and the next one in May is currently fully booked, I'll keep an eye out if any spaces free up but would it be cool if I turned up to this session in the mean time?

• Hi +fin there's a place available on this Saturday's intro ride if you want it. Be quick though before it's taken. It's a nice easy paced (no drop) 40km ride designed to give you a taster of club/group riding. You'll also be briefed regarding formation, safety, signalling etc... prior to setting off.

• Hi +Fin to echo +MikeMC - the intro rides are really not fast paced or long. They're a great way to test out new rides. What's better than having a group of people admiring your shiny 2 day old bike?

• Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I've signed up to tomorrows intro ride now. Exciting stuff.

• Group skills is a perfect follow up to the Intro, so be sure to come to this as well! :)

• Will do :)

• Hi. I've just joined and the May intro ride is already full. Would I be able to come on this?

• Yes of course! Pop your name down

• Hi! I'm new, could I please attend this?

Michelle

• Sure, just click on the "I'm Attending" button at the top of the page to reserve your place!

• Sorry to have to pull out - still trying to get rid of an injury but really hope to make one of these (and join up) in the next month or two

• Hi guys, just a few days to go until the session. With it being Easter weekend we need to be sure of attendance numbers.

If you don't think you can make it please let us know, or likewise please put your name down if you fancy it, still a few places left!

• I'm a definite. Lou

• Thanks! Did for the 22 April =)

• Sorry, I've been held up and won't make it today. Will try another week.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 15 April 2017

Posted by Avatar for Alec @Alec

Actions