Group Skills - 14 January 2017

Posted on
  • Regents Park
  • 33.3333333333% Complete
    8/24
  • Going 8
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Group Skills is a chance to learn and share our group riding skills so that we can ride together more safely, more sociably and with less effort. This is a great opportunity for current and prospective members to build on skills, especially for those unable to find a place in the Introductory Rides.

We will look at communication skills and formations such as pace line and two up, plus how to pace/lead the ride from the front and rotate being at the front.

Note that we will adjust the level depending on the level of who shows up.

If you know all this, come and share your knowledge and if you don't, come and take advantage of the sharers!

Meet in the Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

• Looking forward to this, Intro ride was ace in Dec.

• Hi! I'm new here, haven't ridden with ICC before. Hope this is a good place to be?

• Group skills is the best place to be!

• Awesome, looking forward to it.

• Hey, I'm looking to join the 8am laps before this too...will anyone else be in there?

Did my 1st intro ride last Sunday and looking to see more of the rides before I sign up as a fully fledged member.

• Also up for meeting earlier if that's cool?

• Hi I'll be there too - not quite sure where I'm going though!

• For the group skills, the meeting place is as Alex wrote: Regents Park Inner Circle, at the gates opposite York Bridge.

For 7am or 8am laps, people meet at the Zoo entrance (outer circle).

If weather isn't too awful, and Friday night not too heavy, I'll try to make 8am laps.

• Hi everyone @MikeMC and myself will be leading. Wrap up warm and we will see you 9:30!

• Thanks to Alec for taking the lead on the Group Skills session today and thanks to everyone for coming out on this cold morning. Personally I thought it went really well and I hope everyone got something out of it. Keep safe and enjoy riding.

• I second that @MikeMC thanks @AlecJ for an interesting insight to group riding, and nice meeting all the other new riders.

Can I ask do I need to pay for my membership before I can get full access to the forum?

Cheers

Dan

• Can I ask do I need to pay for my membership before I can get full access to the forum?

Yep! Once you pay for membership, you're in.

• Thanks all, it was a pleasure.

• Yes, thanks for leading us today guys...really appreciate your time and learnt a lot.

• Cheers @alex, I have this morning paid for my membership, looking forward to being part of the group.

• Ooosh. Climb the mountain, chase the dream (and you'll receive my deets as the person to mail about your jersey). Welcome to the club.

• Cheers buddy :-)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Group Skills - 14 January 2017

Posted by Avatar for alexD @alexD

Actions