Looking for feedback from cyclists

Posted on
  • Just want to start by saying I have checked with the club admin so am not spamming here!

I am looking for feedback from cyclists about a site that I have built. A couple of months ago I bought a frame to build up (Supersix Evo Hi Mod) and endlessly searching through lots of different shops for components and never knowing if I was getting the best value annoyed me so a techy friend and I built a website - vinna.cc. The aim of the site is to bring products from as many different retailers as possible into one nicely designed interface, with matching of products to show you price options and history, and a host of other features that we are going to build down the line which should take the hassle out of buying cycling gear.

We are working on the site at the moment hence the online version is certainly not the finished product but what I would really like to do is talk to some people who are likely to use the site and see what from our list of future features we should build next/what we should improve.

I am based in Stoke Newington so can travel anywhere around the area and would happily buy anyone a coffee/beer if they would spare half an hour to chat to me.

Thanks,
    Andy

• Hi Andy,

This looks good and I think it's a great idea. Do you have plans to include price data from any high-street shops like Cycle Surgery or is it just for online-only stores?

I'm happy to meet up sometime for a chat - feel free to drop me a DM.

Cheers,

Al

• Thanks Al, will DM you now but to answer the question in case anyone else is interested of the high street stores we are going to have Cycle Surgery, Evans, Decathlon, and potentially Halfords in there. Eventually we would love to get a lot of the more niche brands/shops in there so it really is a one stop shop but that is going to be a while down the line.

• Looks rather nice.

However, it does seem to suffer from the same problem other price comparison sites do, which is when you search even super-popular products, you get a sea of fuzzy matching products and then have to do most of the work yourself.

The only site I've seen that breaks this pattern is Camera Price Buster, which seems to have a manually-managed product list rather than one created by scraping the retailers, and it results in infinitely better results pages. Compare Sony RX10 with Shimano BBR60.

I hope this is useful feedback.

• I am an avid bike shopper and have my own comparison "site". Its called my brain and I know the prices of many components, where the cheapest is and where to check online to be sure.

I am not sure if this is of any use to you but happy to discuss.

• Thanks for the feedback guys it is very useful, the product matching is something that we definitely know needs improving. It has taken us quite a while to get to the stage we are at in terms of the categorisation and initial matching and we want to make sure that people will actually find the site useful and use it before spending more on the solution that we think will really start to improve the matching. Good to know the importance of it though and I had never come across Camera Price Buster before.

Kos I will DM you. Thanks again!

• A little birdy told me about it.

• Nice idea Andy

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Looking for feedback from cyclists