• Thank you everyone!
    Have looked into discounts (cheers!) - Swift Cycles could be an option if I go for the Cannondale. Otherwise I feel like I've had so much time from the Evans staff that I should give them my custom now!

Thibaud - that's all super useful. I hadn't fully realised that when people had told me 'find what's comfortable' that (in general) each model refers to the frame and then components raise the price up and down. So actually just testing all the frames first and ignoring all the rest is more helpful (although I LOVED the disc brakes that were on both bikes - Synapse and Dolce - that I tried yesterday. They both seemed more comfortable than the Allez, although that was the first road bike I tried so maybe I was just overwhelmed by the difference!

I think I need to try the Emonda and women's Synapse (@Martine I definitely noticed the benefits of the narrower handlebars on the Dolce!) to see if I notice them, but I can now see why comfort is most important and then I'll just buy the best components I can afford once I've chosen the frame.

Thank you so much everyone for helping me build a better picture of what I'm looking for and getting and in need of! :)

• Remember you can tweak any of those bikes to suit your position/needs. Your unlikely to feel the difference in construction without really hammering it. Also put the weight issue aside get something you will love to ride...but also live some ££ for some good kit as this can effect your ride more than the bike sometimes.

About

Avatar for Jennifer @Jennifer started