You are reading a single comment by @Orestis and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi @nicknumbernine, I did the intro to club cycling ride on Sat so I am all signalled up :-) I have done a few sportives and group rides before that though so happy enough riding in a group. I'm happy to do my bit on the front but I am new to through and off etc so might need a bit of instruction if that is what you are doing. Speed wise, I would be looking to sustain around 30kph solo for an hour in regents park, how does that compare to A pace? I wouldn't want to hold anyone up obviously so happy to be dropped if I am too slow.

• Speed wise, I would be looking to sustain around 30kph solo for an hour in regents park, how does that compare to A pace?

A pace on a normal Sunday ride would be approximately 27-28km/h, but it's faster around regent's park. I can only comment for the more social, Saturday morning RP laps, where the usual 8am speed of the group is 30km/h, so if you can hold that on your own, I don't think you'll have many problems holding up to the group, and you will not be holding back anybody.

Regular Tuesday morning guys, correct me if I'm wrong :)

About

Avatar for Orestis @Orestis started