Prev
/ 3
Next
  • TBD
  • 87.5% Complete
    21/24
  • Going 21
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Awww, too late! All full. I shall wait for the next ride :-)

• Keep an eye out though, we might get some last minute cancellations. Otherwise try our C rides on Sundays, regents park laps on Saturdays. Next intro ride in October (date tbc)

• Fab! Will do! Can I just show up to the C rides? I cycle a lot, but never have in a group - I'm a little shy :-)

• Yeap - just come to Whittington Park around 8:20-8:25 and tell someone who apperas to be in charge and is in an ICC jersey that you are a guest, and they will let take good care of you. Check the C group ride thread for info on the route for this Sunday!

• Sounds amazing! I won't make it for the next two Sundays or Saturdays as I'm out of town but Ill definitely be there the weekend after.
    Just to be sure I have to ask - my bike isnt a road bike, will that be a problem?

1 Attachment

• pinnacle-neon-two-2014-hybrid-bike.jpg
  • Your bike is fine; you'll simply find it harder riding into the wind but in a group the upright position won't be a problem most of the time.

If you'd like to get to know some members and especially fellow women why not come and cheer the Mixed Team TT today at the Velopark? It starts at 4:30pm, there will be at least 12 ladies there and afterwards we're all heading to a bar.

• Have joined the website and am following this pages in case of a cancellation place. I'm an experienced roadie, and have participated in a couple of Sportives / charity rides but never been involved with a club... You guys are just up the road from me and I'd love to join in and see how I find it.
    If there are other suitable rides I could join let me know. Thanks, Finn

• For those that are members but haven't got a place on this intro ride, please see the group riding skills workshop http://forum.islington.cc/events/998/new­est/

• I can no longer join the ride so there's a space going. Hope I'll be able to sign up for the one in October.

• Me Me Me!

• I've just signed up for this spare space, but let me know if there was any kind of waiting list - not quite sure of the protocol!

• All good :-) I was too slow!

• Sorry, didn't actually see you message above until afterwards!

• @Stella out of experience more places will come up

• A reminder to those that have signed up to the club but missed a spot here, if you can't make the intro ride then come along and try the Group Riding Skills Workshop instead - less countryside but still a good intro to the club.

• Hello, would love to join this as it's full could you let me know on here if anyone cannot attend? thanks so much, Claire

• Hi Claire,

If you hit the "Follow" button on the right hand side, you'll receive email alerts when there is an update on this thread. This is really the best way, as we don't operate a waiting list I'm afraid. There is going to be another on in October, so watch this space!

Best,
    Orestis

• Still yet to recover from an injury. My place now open!

• Just taken this spare place, really looking forward to it! Hope you recover soon!

• I'll take your place of its still available? :)

• Ah just seen the space has gone, maybe I'll join for the next ride.

I'm not around on the sunday but does anyone know if there are any other saturday rides for people new to club riding?

Thx

• Hi @alexD - got your email about helping out on intro rides. I am very happy to help out where necessary. I am still very much a novice navigating out of London so wouldn't be comfortable leading yet, but more than happy to act as a second. Let me know. Lorna.

• Hi @Lorna - thanks for the offer. Don't worry about leading anything just yet - I'll add you to the organising thread and you can volunteer to assist when ready. We're always after more people to lend a hand and be a friendly face for newcomers!

• Unfortunately, I can't make this ride so will free up my place for those on the waitlist.
    Hope to join the October session!
    Cheers all.

• Hi all,

I thought I'd just introduce myself. My name is Deena and I will be one of the riders leading/sweeping this Saturday. I've been with the club since last summer and it's by far the friendliest and most fun sports club I've ever been in ;-)
    Looking forward to meeting you all at the weekend!
    Deena

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

An Introduction to Club Cycling - September 12, 2015

Posted by Avatar for Orestis @Orestis

Actions