You are reading a single comment by @user57065 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi guys, I missed out on the September intro ride due to numbers, is attending a C ride a suitable equivalent? My fitness is OK, I go to spinning regularly and I have recently been using my road bike on a route from Camden up to Hampstead via Highgate - although I would still very much class myself as a beginner! If the C ride is a decent equivalent, is there one happening not this Sunday but the Sunday after?

• Hi,

we have rides running out of Whittington Park every Sunday. Not sure what the plan is for that particular day you are thinking, but there will be a ride for sure. We'll know more about the route closer to that time.

C Group rides are approximately 35-40 miles, at a speed of approximately 12-13 miles per hour. They often involve some hills, which everyone climbs at their own pace, and we regroup at the top. Cruising speed on the flat would probably be at around 15-16 miles per hour.

If you feel confident your legs are up to this, then please do feel free to join us on one of our Sunday C rides. Alternatively, join us on a Saturday morning Regents Park session, which is just an hour long, but a bit faster (its all flat!), followed by coffee at one of the cafe's nearby.

Intro rides are slower and shorter than the Sunday C group rides (~25 miles at maybe 11-12 miles per hour usually). We'll have one in October as well if you can't get a place for September, although it's worth mentioning that we do have last minute cancellations and you may be quick enough to grab a place for Sep 12.

Orestis

About

Avatar for user57065 @user57065 started