of 3
First Prev
/ 3
  • Whittington Park, London
  • 100.0% Complete
    16/16
  • Going 16
  • Invited 0

Follow this forum to be notified whenever a new event is added.

• Hi All,

After waiting almost a month for this and really look forward to it, i'm regrettably having to withdraw from this weekends session and as such cancelled my attendance. I trust one of you guys waiting can now take advantage!

Frustratingly I'm having some serious knee/IT Band issues. I've done some long rides recently, about 100k plus and my left knee causing a lot of pain after about 50k. Rested for about 10 days, then did 2 very slow laps of Regents earlier this week and had to abandon due to the pain, barely making it home.

I've booked in for a Retul bike fit at Cadence in South London next week, does anyone have any additional tips for a speedy recovery?

• That must be really frustrating @ChrisFinch I luckily haven't experienced such knee problems but it sound like a bike fit is a very good start. A friend of mine had his knee problems solved by changing the angle of his cleats slightly, but it could be a number of things.
    If you are thinking of going to a physio, some recommendations from club members can be found here:

http://forum.islington.cc/conversations/­258412/#comment11990923

• @ChrisFinch

Zak is a member of ICC and a discount is offered to club members and he is very capable at treating ITB syndrome.

http://www.angelsportsinjuryandphysiothe­rapyclinic.co.uk/content.php?pge=meetthe­team

• I'm going to have to drop out. For some reason I had this down for Sunday rather than Saturday, and I've got a clash on Saturday. Rather upset with myself - hope to see you in September instead. Will remove myself from the list now.

• Thanks Jason for updating it, I have managed to take the spot which means both myself and my partner can now attend. Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow and cycling with you.

• Thanks for letting us know Jason.

Sara, see you tomorrow morning!

• Hi Martine,
    I've done a couple of 100k+ sportives, most rides are 70k Epping Forest trips, otherwise I'm to be found buzzing around Regents Park and Richmond Park. I've only really just started, got my first bike less than a year ago.
    I've done a few group rides but got a lot to learn still. Riding solo I can get round the parks in about 7 & 21 minutes but hoping to bring those times down!

• Dear @RobT You should be fine to join our rides, just mention you are new. Do sign up for the September intro one, as during this ride we put extra effort in group riding skills.

• Thanks @Martine, I'll be sure to sign up - looks like they are pretty popular from reading the threads!
    Am hoping to join the Saturday 8am crew at the zoo in RP.

• Great ride this morning folks, thanks very much

• @Brianb Thanks Brian have booked in with him this week and hope to join you guys next month.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

An Introduction to Club Cycling - 8 August 2015

Posted by Avatar for alexD @alexD

Actions