This Sunday's ride

Posted on
Page
of 2
/ 2
Next
  • Hi,

I am an average rider that's been looking for a club to join for a little while. I just completed last weekend's RideLondon at an average of 27.5km/h. I am based in Woodford and mostly ride the Hadhams in Hertforshire or the Rodings in Essex.

Looking at the information on the website I would be suited to your B or C group I think. I'm keen to have a go and I wondered what's planned for this Sunday and if it's just a case of turning up and riding along.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

PS: I am also interested in Cyclocross and Track. Indeed I ride a cross bike at all times, with different wheels depending what I am up to.

• Hi,

I am leading a C-ride this sunday into Herts - route here: https://connect.garmin.com/course/908988­4

We'll be averaging 12-14mph, coffee & cake at the end.

If you're interested, we'll be rolling out of Whittington park at 8:30 on Sunday.

Orestis

• Thanks, sounds good. Will see you there.

• Hi Orestis, I am in a similar position to Thibaud. I would like to join you guys for the group c ride on Sunday too if that's OK? Jamie

• You're welcome to join on Sunday @Jmc

• Just loaded the route onto my Garmin! 56.6kms with 735m of climbing, looking forward to meeting everybody tomorrow.

• Hi guys, my name's Rob and not to jump on the bandwagon but I've also just done ride London and have been looking to join a club for a while. I've seen a lot of Islington jerseys out on my rides and from the forums you seem a friendly bunch. Ok if I join?

• Hi Rob,

Echoing what @Orestis & @Martine said above, you're most welcome to come along and ride tomorrow. Enjoy, it's a great little route.

Cheers,

Jon

• Yes Rob, it's a friendly bandwagon, jump on!

• Great ride this morning, really enjoyed it. Average on my Garmin was 24.5km/h (including my 'commute' from Woodford) so a quickish C group. The kit matches my bike so I think next step is joining full-time! Thanks to the ride leaders today, really supportive and helpful. Looking forward to meeting more of you as time goes on.

• I enjoyed the C ride this morning! Thanks @Orestis and Lewis for leading it, great job! I've just signed up for a membership and a jersey. Looking forward for many more nice rides in the future!

• Welcome Michael! It was great having you on board today. Great ride indeed. See you on the road soon.

• Hey @Orestis I have just joined too after riding with the C group on Sunday led by Richard. The route was awesome BTW!

• Welcome @Jmc

• Great! Welcome +Jmc.

• Just picked my jersey up today and worn it at the Velodrome, passing Stage 2. Should be out Saturday this week so hopefully will meet more of you there.

• Well done! See you on the road soon. I may be out Saturday for some fast laps of RP

• Yeah great ride out on Sunday, I was in the Richard group - I also found it a fast-ish 'C' ride. But ended up having a great group who managed to stay pretty tight throughout. Thanks to all the leaders and seconds for their efforts despite equipment issues.
    I had a bit of a day planned so couldn't make the pint at Pally - next time perhaps.

• Just to add, although a C-ride may start with a lower speed target, it is up to the leader to increase the speed if and only if the whole group can cope with a slightly higher speed (making sure nobody is dropping of). Often when the group is cohesive people can do a lot faster than expected. I have also seen the opposite, a lot of climbing, lower average but still a great ride. Weather also has influence.

• Thanks. Will there be rides coming out of the Park on Holloway Rd too?

• While the pace may have been a bit faster than 'advertised' on Sunday, the leaders made sure to ask if pace was ok, plenty of stop to breath and certainly a 'nobody left behind policy' that would put a US Marine to shame. Compared to riding alone, it was a revelation.

• did you see a few of us are attending a skill session for stage 2/3 riders next tuesday? http://forum.islington.cc/conversations/­256382/?offset=200#comment12445721

• yep +Thibaud get in on the action. The performance jersey will get an airing as well for those who are interested.

• I'm defo booked plus another one on the 24th at 10am. @MattyP @JonnyK Doing stage 3 on the 19th of September.

• Hi folks. I'm a potential new member. Plenty of cycling through the years but no club experience since I was a kid. I'm looking to join a C ride on Sunday. The hilly one that @JamesE proposed would be my preference. Should I just turn up at Whittington Park at 8:30am tomorrow?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

This Sunday's ride

Posted by Avatar for Thibaud @Thibaud

Actions