You are reading a single comment by @LukeW and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi @LukeW, good to hear from you, hope you are having a smashing time in Independent Republic of Scotland :)
    this is exactly my point, this Saturday in particular the pace was around 24-26 mph(varience due to head wind) and every time it was my turn the pace was reduced to 21-23 mph. I felt bad as the guys made an effort to get up that early to train and I in a way spoiled it.
    Thanks for pointing out Richard's notes. I'll check it out.

A

• here is that comment: http://forum.islington.cc/comments/12127­081/

Nah your not slowing anyone down, its not a team TT. Its certainly tough to take a turn on the front in a head wind after your already pooped. Your certainly not the slowest guy to come along to 7am, however there is always someone faster than you, and thats how you improve. Eventually the session thins out until there are only a few riders left as people have to go home or decide to take it easier with the 8am guys. Missing a lap can be quite fun as you have to time your sprint to rejoin the pack....also means you can take a breather.

• Thanks @LukeW and everyone else for making this perfectly normal.
    my verdict is, I'll try to be as fast as the group and drop out if pooped. If anyone will raise an eyebrow when I'm a bit slower then rest I'll point them in your direction ;) Case closed!

Cheers all.

About