New member questions

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • I don't have the technology, only +Al has

• Am coming for a ride on Sunday, either group B or C. But in true MAMIL style am pressed for time. So am not so bothered about pace, but about what time the rides finish on an average. I've done one introductory ride last year in lashing rain, so that was cut a bit short, getting back to Whittington at about 12.30. But what is normal for an ETA?

• @prankin The rides are self-organizing and the route changes every Sunday. Sometimes people post their route in advance on the forum but this is not always the case. On Sunday we will gather, count the amount of people and ask for volunteers to lead a ride (we aim to have groups of about 10-12 people). The volunteers will propose a ride (distance, speed) and people can pick their favorite. There are normally short and long rides so ETA varies from 12:00 to 15:00. In your case you should pick a shorter ride, but if you want to be sure to be home on time I would encourage you to prepare a ride which you can lead and just step forward when a call is made for rides. I am sure you will find more people in favor of a short ride.

• Thanks Martine, that is very helpful. Most of my current routes involve going round and round lots of the hills in North London so in future I will plan out some longer ones heading either north or east.

• some inspiration (but there are much more nice places around)
    connect.garmin.com/group/161170/courses

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New member questions

Posted by Avatar for JonnyB @JonnyB

Actions