Potential new member

Posted on
  • Hi there

I am planning to come along this Sunday for a group C ride. I do a bit of cycling and am more than happy to cycle about on the roads of London.

I'm keen to increase my fitness and my pace as I spend too much time cycling on my own so need to be part of a group!

If I fail to turn up this week I will turn up after the half term holidays.

Brian

• Great, Brian. Just say hello to whoever is leading the C ride when you get a chance to ride with us.

Have a look at our group riding guide, if you're not used to riding in a group. In any case, others will show you what to do. Have fun.

And we have a monthly social drink, too (last Thursday of the month), if you fancy that.

• Hi, another potential new member here. Am planning on joining you all on Sunday morning to see how it goes before signing up. Classic 5-mile in and out commuter really, looking for longer runs. Shall I just rock up and introduce myself?

Paul (will be on a white Shorter)

• Hi @PRC

Yes, just rock up on Sunday and say hi. It would be great to have you along. We are encouraging all our new members to join an introduction to club cycling session too, so please do that as well if you can.

You've probably seen that there are several rides at different speeds on a sunday morning and they will all be introduced to you as the riders split into different groups. Its probably best to start with a C ride and take a faster one next week if you found the C ride too slow. If you are new to club riding take a look at our guide to riding in a group, it will be a big help. http://forum.islington.cc/conversations/­687/ We are a friendly bunch and will help you out if you have any questions.

• Thanks @aidan - can't make this morning unfortunately but will familiarise myself with the guide and make for group C.

• Great. I hope you have a great ride

• @aidan- was indeed a great ride, very friendly too. The guide was helpful. Thanks to @Orestis for leading. Have promptly gone and joined so will be back soon (next week all being well).

• My first ride with the club yesterday. Thank you for the welcome. Excellent ride leading from Orestis, very clear, very forgiving and very inclusive. And thank you to Charlie for sweeping.

• @PRC @yoyodub good to hear you both had a good experience.

PS although you have experienced a C-ride, I would still encourage to participate in the intro ride. During this ride you have much more time to discuss all the little tweaks of group riding, and also build on your confidence.

• Hi all
    I'm interested in coming along for one of your C rides if possible. I noticed you recommend an intro ride first. When do the intro rides take place?

Cheers
    Paul

• next one is 14th March

• Thanks Paul. I've found it and signed up. Would it be possible to come along to a C group ride before hand? I notice a few people have done so but wondered how much it is discouraged?
    Thanks
    Paul

• It's not discouraged at all Paul. If you're confident / have experience cycling in a group then by all means attend a C ride. Just flag up that you are new to the person that is navigating the ride.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Potential new member

Posted by Avatar for Brianb @Brianb

Actions